Sunday 7 July 2013

Quiet

Its been a little bit quiet on here the last few days, and its been sunny. It is possible there is a connection between those two statements!

On the plus side I have been busy and have quite a lot to put up on here I just need to tear myself away from the garden in order to do it.

What I have done is make a muslin for Vogue 8813:


I loved the idea of this dress but I;m glad I spent £2.75 in a charity shop on a duvet cover so I could do a practice version.

I went off the measurements on the chart. I'd seen people say it came out a little large so I veered on the smaller side of my measurements and did a large. It came out massive! That bit with the larger stripes in the middle? If I took that out the whole thing could still meet across my body. But then the pockets were in the wrong place and the sleeves looked bad.

Unfortunately the smallest size in the packet was large, I'd have to buy another pattern to redo this. So I'm putting it on the back burner for now as I'm not convinced my fabric is drapey enough and I want to so something with the fabric.

So I'm on the lookout for a summery top which will work well in a woven cotton/bamboo blend. If you know of one please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment