Thursday 14 February 2013

52 books - Week 7

This week I have read Mariana by Monica Dickens. This is my last of the books I ordered from Persephone just after Christmas and I think probably my favourite of the three.

The story moves quite quickly through the life of Mary, going from her childhood through to getting married and beyond. Its basically a love story although she makes some wrong turns along the way.

Mary is easy to engage with, the book is sufficiently fast paced to keep my attention and yet you don't feel like its missed any of the important facts out.

I really enjoyed reading this book and would happily read it again. In fact I liked it enough to go and have a look if I could find any more by the same author.

I can't say much about parts of the book without giving too much of the story away but it is a satisfying read with a fitting ending.

Book Title: Mariana

Author: Monica Dickens


Enjoyment: 9/10

Would read again: 10/10


Comments: I really enjoyed this book and would happily pick it up and read it again. The main character is very life like and its an easy story to lose yourself in.

Persephone Books

No comments:

Post a Comment