Monday 25 March 2013

52 Books - Week 13

Last week the book I read was Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami. Its weird, but then to be fair all of the books I've read by him are weird and this is probably one of the more normal ones.

Once you've got your head around the strange world of Haruki Murakami, his books flow in weird and wonderful ways and never take you quite where you imagine you are going. .

On the other hand this book leaves a lot of loose ends and there is imagery and situations in there which are never really explained.

I have to be in the right mood to read Murakami. If I am feeling too literal there is no chance of coping with the books. However if I am in the mood for it then they will allow my mind to escape to places I wouldn't otherwise imagine.

Murakami's books aren't exactly marmite, although there are some people who love them and some people who hate them. Then there is the third group like me, you have to be in the mood and some of the books I just can't finish. This is probably one of the ones I enjoyed the most though.

Book Title: Kafka on the Shore

Author: Haruki Murakami

Enjoyment: 610

Would read again: 7/10


Comments: Its strange, sometimes its confusing and too many strand of the storyline are left unanswered. However its exciting, interesting and well worth a read.

WHSmiths

No comments:

Post a Comment