Monday 28 January 2013

A trip to London

I've been quiet over the weekend because on Saturday I went on a trip to London. Some people from the Posh Knitters group on Ravelry decided to meet up in London and I and a lovely lady from Stafford, Carrie, went down from the Midlands to meet them.

Carrie and I hadn't met up properly before so it was lovely to finally meet. We chatted on the train all the way down, all the way back up and a fair amount in between. I found out she is my ex house twin (my last lovely house sounds like it is pretty much the same layout as her house, which makes me slightly jealous as I miss my old house a little bit) amongst other things.

We all met down there at the Royal Festival Hall which I'd never been to before. Its a great place just to go and meet up as a group. There are plenty of chairs and tables around and no one seemed to bat an eyelid at a group of women sitting around knitting and chatting.

We did go on a little diversion along the way into Loop. I ended up with two skeins of Malabrigio sock:

   
Loop 
Loop




All in all it was a lovely day and I hope we get to do it again sometime soon (and not just for the yarn shopping).

I started a new project because I had nothing on the go which I could knit without having to concentrate too closely. Hopefully I'll have more of that to show later on this week. 

If you liked reading my post please subscribe to it using the drop down menu at the top right, or leave me a comment 

No comments:

Post a Comment