Friday 25 January 2013

Ice

I have to admit I am getting a little bored of the bad weather now. I don't mind the snow so much, but the pavements have compacted snow which has frozen and walking to work and back is like trying to walk across an ice rink.

I fell over on Tuesday and luckily only hurt my dignity. Today I managed to hurt my toe which was already injured so I'm limping around feeling a bit sorry for myself. That was on my way to work. I set off on my way home feeling trepidation but after about two minutes a family friend pulled up in his 4 x 4 and gave me a lift home, for which I was very grateful.

Still the snow is still bringing pretty things, here's the monster icicle that was hanging outside my bedroom window:





About two minutes after I took that photo it fell to the ground with a crash. I'm glad I wasn't stood underneath it at the time!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for clear pavements on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment