Friday 11 January 2013

WIP - 15 stitch blanket part two

I don't have enough yarn for this. In fact I'm not sure why I thought three skeins of fingering weight would be enough. I looked at existing projects and didn't realise how many of the projects were for baby blankets. I don't want mine to be for a baby blanket though, I want it to be an adult blanket for a specific adult. I now have a couple of choices:


1. Use what I already have, knit all three skeins of one colour, then another three skeins of another colour for a two tone blanket - which would involve buying three more skeins of yarn

2. Use what I already have, then use three different colours in turn - which would involve not buying any more yarn

I am actually, for various reasons, veering more towards option one, I think it will end up a less messy project. The more times the colours join I think the more chaotic it will look.

I am currently veering towards option one, I think it will look better. So now all I need to do is find three more skeins of purple yarn, preferably in  Posh Yarn Martha Sock, or another indie dyer with the same yarn base. I have been informed by the lovely Dee at Posh Yarn that there should be some Martha Sock in again in the next few weeks so I'm going to finish knitting the third skein of Trumpet Voluntary and then put it to one side until I have some suitable purple to add to it.

Disclaimer - I know this isn't the best picture ever, I've been hoping to get home in enough natural light all week to take a better photo but in the end I've given up and gone with electric light, isn't it dull weather this week?

 
If you liked reading my post please subscribe to it using the drop down menu at the top right, or leave me a comment

No comments:

Post a Comment